Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Built in 1535 just above the village of Bigorio, the famous Santa Maria monastery overlooking Lake Lugano is home to only three priests. "Fra Roberto", who from 1966 to 2016 and, at 85 years old splendidly worn, in still assumes responsibility waiting for a successor, welcomes the visitors. The silence is muffled as in any convent of The Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. In this great building - many times enlarged and restructured over the centuries and which includes conference...
more »